Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top Nutrient Destroyers

Go down

Top Nutrient Destroyers Empty Top Nutrient Destroyers

Post  David September 11th 2010, 7:23 pm

Nutrient Destroyers and you will not be surprised what is in this list

However most things in moderation will not harm you. Look at Rasputin he used to ingest a small amount of Arsenic regularly to build up his resistance? To Arsenic?

Alcohol something that we can all build up our resistance too but something that can destroy when not used in moderation. Some studies have shown that in Moderate drinkers of alcohol (one glass of wine per day or equivalent) has been shown to have various cardiovascular benefits including lower blood pressure and higher levels of the "Good Cholesterol" HDL. But and there is always a but with Alcohol, too much of the stuff on a regular basis can be almost as toxic as Arsenic.
So if you are thinking of taking more than the moderate one glass of wine per day it can be dangerous to the heart and other vital organs.

Alcohol destroys:
Vitamin A, Vitamin B1 (Thiamine), Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Vitamin B3, Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine), Folic acid, Vitamin B12, Pantothenic acid, Biotin.
Potassium, Iron, Zinc.
Choline, Inositol, PABA (Para-Amino Benzoic Acid).

Caffeine
I need my morning coffee or do I? Maybe I just need a fright instead after all that would have the same effect of bumping up my Adrenalin. Caffeine forces the adrenal glands to produce adrenaline. So is Adrenaline the Jump Start you need or do you just need a positive attitude and a skip in your step?
Caffeine is quite a Natural and Effective nutrient hunter killer.

Caffeine (stars in Reservoir dogs and) destroys

Vitamin A, Vitamin B1 (Thiamin), Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid), Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine), Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Biotin, Vitamin C.
Potassium, Magnesium, Iron.
Choline, Inositol, PABA (Para-Amino Benzoic Acid).

Drinking decaffeinated coffee may not be so good for our bodies as well. Although decaffeinated coffee does contain very little caffeine, but the chemicals used in the process of removing the caffeine require detoxification by the liver which of course does not function too well when overloaded by the first nutrient killer alcohol!

Coffee has been afforded a couple of small saving Graces in a couple of studies.......... There have been some recent reports that caffeine may lower the risk of diabetes, Parkinson’s disease and colon cancer. (these may be rumours started by that small coffee shop down the road but hey this shows coffee good be good for the Anal retentive!

Sugar
Sugar is awful but I will stipulate REFINED sugar is particularly awful. Sugar is and has for a long time been linked to all kinds of diseases and health problems from the insertion point of rotten teeth to the collection point causing such things as Kidney Stones, Gall Stones, Kidney damage does not help in Diabetes and obesity etc etc.

Sugar destroys:

Vitamin B1 (Thiamin), Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Vitamin C.
Magnesium, Chromium, Phosphorous, Potassium.
Choline, Inositol.
There is a good sugar though and even that should not be taken excessively and that is natural cane sugar, for example muscovado sugar is known to have high nutrient value comparable even to pure honey. Over at Jarvis Gourmet Foods (Small Plug) they make some excellent foods using Muscovado instead of refined white sugar in several items.

Tobacco and Cannabis
Smoking tobacco is one of the worst things you can do to your health. Full stop end of story enough said. Smoking is not good for you at all as it basically destroys your health and apart from that it also destroys the content of your wallet...........
Most marijuana smokers consume a lot less cannabis than cigarette smokers consume tobacco, however the harmful effects of smoking marijuana should not be ignored. Marijuana contains more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than tobacco smoke and because marijuana smokers typically inhale deeper and hold the smoke in their lungs longer than tobacco smokers, their lungs are exposed to those carcinogenic properties longer, when smoking.
David
David
Celebrity Chef
Celebrity Chef

http://jarvisgourmet.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum